Local SEO News
First off, on Monday we learned that Google Map Maker is now open for editing in six countries. I applied to become an editor in my area.
6 Local SEO Stats Every Online Marketer Needs To Know 2 nuggets from this article(many more are in it)
- Business Address/Location is the primary reason for searching on mobile..makes sense. So make sure your mobile site/mobile listings have your address, phone number and accurate hours.
- 88% of viewers trust online reviews as much as personal referrals. So not only do reviews help you in the local serps, ( search engine result pages) but they can also have a dramatic affect on the buying decisions..I would say negative reviews would have a greater negative impact.
- 50% of mobile visitors will visit a the store within 1 day.
Not really SEO news, but more like news about Google. Google has created, Alphabet, a new parent company that will be over Google and will encompass an entire portfolio of business’s.
Here is a post that attempts to see what will happen to Google advertisers post Alphabet.
Mobile Search News
Columnist Nathan Safran takes a look at where Google is heading – several keypoints.
- Increase of Micro-moments – shorter bursts of use rather than prolonged use
- Making direct purchases on Google instead of destination sites.
An article from 2013 Keys to Local/Mobile Search Strategy, has some good tips that I agree with 100% that include:
- Having a Mobile friendly site/mobile optimized site.
- Using Local SEO
- Local PPC
Online Marketing Video of the Week
I still don’t like Rand’s hair cut, but for a guy with so much hair, he has some really wise info in his Whiteboard video for this week which covers “Brand Fatigue” . I have seen this on a number of my clients sites. What about you?
One last Video.
Non SEO Dog Video of the Week
This video has been around for a while, but its still good.
Have a great weekend.