Our SEO Services
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization of a web site is the first step in marketing the site. Search engine optimization is as important as the site’s design, if not more so. No matter how well the site is designed, it is the optimization and rankings that will acquire more daily visitors. It is then the design and content of the site that keeps those visitors there.
If your search engine marketing efforts have been put on hold or if you’ve not considered search engine optimization, you may want to reconsider your priorities. Mounting evidence points to the rapidly growing importance of search engines to online businesses:
- A study conducted by IMT Strategies found that search engines are the #1 way (46%) people find Web sites. Random surfing and word-of-mouth ranked second (20% each).
- Search engines rank among the busiest and most popular sites on the Web — see any RelevantKnowledge or MediaMetrix report.
- Jupiter Research, in a March, 2001 report, noted that Internet users ranked Internet searching as their most important online activity, awarding it a 9.1 on a 10-point scale. The next most important activity ranked only 6.3.
- A Direct Marketing Association study found that search engine optimization was the top method cited by Web site marketers to drive traffic to their sites (66%), followed by email marketing (54%).
Baldy Dog utilizes effective search engine optimization techniques to increase rankings and visibility in the major search engines and directories. We do this through a five-phase process.
Phase One: Web Site Assessment
At Baldy Dog Search Strategies the Search Engine Optimization Plan starts with a Web site assessment. The web site assessment provides a detailed analysis of the web site in terms of search engine compatibility. BaldyDog analyzes the sites HTML design, site architecture, link popularity, title and META tags, body text, alt tags, page names, download time and where the site is currently ranking in the search engines and directories.
Phase Two: Research & Analysis
Second phase of the Search Engine Optimization Plan is extensive research and discovery. BaldyDog works closely with you to determine your online marketing goals. Then BaldyDog uses this information to determine the best possible strategy to attain search engine visibility for the most appropriate and traffic producing keywords. But, more than just driving traffic to your site, BaldyDog strives to leads, customers and conversions. Optimizing a web page for a term that is so broadly used (e.g. “cars”) is ineffective and the page will get lost in the thousands of pages with similar content; neither will it lead to many conversions. On the other hand it is equally unproductive to optimize a page for a term that is never searched for.
At BaldyDog we:
- Research to determine what people are typing in to search engines to find products and services similar to yours.
- Research competitor’s sites to find search terms they are using.
- Analyze the resulting search keywords and phrases for performance and determine how many other sites are competing for high rankings with the same terms.
- Provide a list of search terms especially tailored for the site. We revise and streamline the list to come up with one or two priority search terms for each page being optimized.
Phase Three: Customized Optimization
After the web site assessment, and research and analysis phases are complete and the keywords and phrases have been selected – optimization begins.
We place keyword phrases with in the programming code of the pages that are not visible to the user. We expertly integrate this code into areas of the site based on the results of our Web site assessment. We examine your existing site copy and make changes to ensure it is both search engine compatible and viewer friendly. This includes additions of keywords and phrases to your existing body text, or instructions on how to write search engine friendly content.
As determined from the web site assessment the site structure may need to be adjusted. Items that can adversely impact search engine results are sites within frames, flash animations and dynamically generated sites, amongst other things.
Phase Four: Search Engine & Directory Submission
Upon completion of optimization, it’s time to submit your web site to the search engines and directories. We manually submit your site to the major search engines and directories. We find niche and vertical directories appropriate for submission.
Phase Five: Continuous Support
Once your site has been optimized and submitted to the major search engines and directories it is important to track how your site is ranking in those search engines and directories. BaldyDog offers this support.
- Tracking Report – Monthly search engine ranking report to track improvements for your site on main search engines and directories.We start with a baseline report prior to optimization and subsequent monthly reports are compared to the baseline report.You should see improvement and ultimately more traffic to you site within 2 months of the site being optimized and submitted to the search engines and directories.
- Web Log Analysis –Monthly analysis of your web Log report. See where traffic is coming from. See what keywords are being used to find your site.Recommendation Report – If a significant drop in rankings or your URL has disappeared from the index, recommendations are made for better performance.